"Oh Come All Ye Faithful"


As I continue along for awhile writing about things that are not totally focused on depression I felt it wouldn't be right if I didn't share the most important part of my life - my faith.

My faith in God inspires me, helps me, fortifies me and gives me courage to keep going.

Having faith when you have a chronic illness is a challenge. After all, the One I have faith in, God almighty himself, is the very one who could deliver me from my circumstances, if only He would!

And yet, I choose faith. And no matter what my mental state is I find that words from the bible such as "I will never leave you or forsake you" really do help, for awhile.

Especially if I look those words up in my bible, somehow seeing them, tangibly written on a page in a book I can hold, gives me hope and strength

Especially when I read those words in the rest of their context directly from Deuteronomy 31:6:

"Do not be afraid or terrified...for the Lord your God goes before you; he will never leave you or forsake you."

According to my bible (Hebrews 11:1) "...faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

I choose faith, no matter what my mental condition. It is the one thing that does not change even when I do change.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? Do you have faith? Do you need some faith? Would you like to have faith? Do you think it might make a difference? Why not give it a try?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?