Get Inspired for a Depression Getaway: There's no Excuse, Inspiration is Free


"Get inspired? Me? I am depressed! Nothing is inspiring when I am depressed. And people who try to be inspiring when I am depressed just make me more depressed. As a matter of fact, they make me angry!"

Believe me when I say that I understand where the person who said this (could be me or you) is coming from. It's impossible to get inspired when you are depressed. It's like training for the Olympics with two broken legs. It seems impossible. I get it.


But when I talk about the many different depression getaways, I will be talking about something to do when you feel okay. An athlete trains when they are able to train. They rest when they must rest.

We who suffer from the challenge of depression could take lessons from athletes. Do you like comparing yourself to an athlete? Or is that too much pressure?


Like it or not, athletes are pretty inspiring. Personally I like getting inspired. I remember before I had depression, I used to like collecting inspiring literature. Once I had depression I would look at some of that literature and say "why bother?" and ignore it.

But I have discovered that I must persevere with that good old habit of getting inspired and apply myself to the task when I am able to do so.


I thought I would recommend three internet sources of inspiration that you might like to try. I read them when I am able and they give me a boost. On some days I simply must click 'delete'. On some days getting inspired is just too much pressure. But on good days I enjoy the boost and hope that I can hold onto the good thoughts for bad days ahead.


On a day when you could use some inspiration, here are three sources you may want to look up. What have you got to lose? You just might get inspired.


The Daily Motivator

Beliefnet

Guideposts

WHAT ABOUT ME? I always need help getting inspired. Two little devotional books help me everyday. One, the oldest one, is 'Streams in the Desert'. The other is 'Jesus Calling'. Don't get me wrong, inspiration doesn't come easy when I am depressed. But it is worth searching for.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you have any little books or websites that help you out? Are you ready to get inspired? How hard could it be? What have you got to lose?

There is hope for depression. I am praying for you. Don't give up!




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?