Happiness Soup


As we finish up my 'Happiness Therapy' series I am reminded of yet one more thing that makes me happy - MAKING SOUP!

I am sure there are a lot of you who wouldn't enjoy such a task but I do!


I save the tops and bottoms of my carrots and celery over the weeks and put them in the freezer.

When I finally have a turkey (which I love) I am ready for creating a broth. I just love putting those crummy old bones in a big pot of water, adding my leftover veggie stuff from the freezer, adding an onion, bay leaf and some peppercorns and letting that simmer on the stove for a few hours.

I even enjoy chopping the vegetables to add to the completed stock.


But the best part of all is enjoying that soup for several days afterwards. I find soup, especially homemade soup, delicious and comforting and it makes me happy!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? What makes you happy? Have you figured it out yet? How often do you try to do something just because it makes you happy? Is it time to add some 'happiness therapy' to your next depression getaway?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?