Antidepressants - the GOOD! (Part Three of 'Antidepressants, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly)


As we continue our series about 'Antidepressants: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly', I will continue with my story.

So, I have been prescribed an antidepressant for the first time ever, I take it for two weeks and voila! I feel better! No more questions for my doctor. I don't need to know anything more about depression, its causes, its symptoms, it cures, because, well, I feel better. That is all I need to know.


My energy has returned, my interest in my normal activities is back, I am enjoying life once again and my tears have dried up! Literally dried up, I couldn't even cry at sad movies anymore. But it was a relief to stop crying for awhile.

That is the wonderful thing about antidepressants, sometimes they actually work. And when they do, you want to sing the 'Hallelujah Chorus'.

And so there is a good side to antidepressants. It really is worth it to hang in there with your doctor until they find one that might work for you. It may be a hard road to travel, but if they do find one that works, then isn't it worth it?


So, that's it. There are some good things about antidepressants. But does it weigh out the bad?

You will have to decide as we discuss the ugly side of antidepressants next time.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Have you had a positive experience with antidepressants? 

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.






Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?