Battle Plan Prescription: Take Depression Temperature - DAILY!


Prescription for depression: take depression temperature - daily. I try most days. My temperature checklist is food, mood, mind, body, weather, yesterday, today, tomorrow. I answer good, bad, or ok beside each item on the list. 

This is my reality check to start the day. It not only forces me to measure and consciously think about my mood, but to acknowledge factors that might affect my mood such as weather or what I did yesterday.


Unknown Object
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance makes this simple recommendation which might encourage you to take your depression temperature daily:

Track Key Health Trends

  • Overall mood
  • Well-being
  • Mood disorder symptoms
  • Lifestyle (including sleep, exercise, etc.)
  • Medication (and side effects)
  • Physical health
For more help with taking your depression temperature daily, there are several mood trackers available online. You choose:

1. the simplest,
2. more complex,
3. very complex.

You be the judge. You could use these samples to make your own.

What is the difference between taking your temperature depression daily and keeping a mood chart? They are similar but the purpose is different.

 Taking your depression temperature daily is just for you, to equip you and warn you and ready you to face the truth each and every day. 

Keeping a mood chart is something you do not just for you, but also for your health care provider, further equiping them and you to uncover the mystery of your particular situation.

I try most days to take my depression temperature. My own personal simple temperature checklist is

sleep
food
mood
mind
body
weather
yesterday
today
tomorrow

I answer beside each item: 

good
bad
ok

You may want to make your own list.

Why take your depression temperature daily? To help yourself realize pitfalls which might be ahead, or to help you realize that maybe today is not a good day and you should lay low if you can, or cancel some activities if necessary.

Acknowledging how you feel each day, MONITORING HOW YOU FEEL,
  keeps you vigilant with your condition.

NOT MONITORING each day 
keeps you ignorant and unprepared.

NOT MONITORING 
is like going into a battle unarmed. 

What about you? How are you feeling today? Would you like to try to take your depression temperature daily and see how beneficial it can be?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression. 


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?