Would You Like to Be "As Happy As A Pig in Mud?"


If you were 'as happy as a pig in mud' you would be very happy. Apparently pigs love mud.

Finger painting was always popular when I was an elementary school art teacher. Who doesn't like squishing wet gooey stuff between their fingers? When I taught a painting class to the older children they loved to play with their paint trays after they were done, making a wonderful mess out of the remaining paint. And don't get me started on paper mache, always a hit with any age. You could really lose yourself in that gushy paste!


Pigs might love paint or paste too if they had the chance, but they instinctively know that mud is the superior ecstacy.Unknown Object

Well, would YOU like to be as happy as a pig in mud? There is a chance that this pig knows something we need to know.

''Getting dirty" actually has therapeutic benefits.

You can read about the benefits of 'dirt therapy'.

Or you could read up on 'the healing qualities of dirt'.

My personal favourite is the article on how dirt makes you happy.

I have spent many happy hours digging in the dirt. Now that I am in an apartment those days are behind me. Maybe I need to find someone else's garden to dig in now that I don't have a yard anymore?

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling? Is gardening something you could try? Even small scale gardening with potted indoor plants can be a lot of fun. Never give up finding activities that may provide a good depression getaway for you.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?