Are You Getting Enough?


I was chatting last time about doing things we are good at and doing things that we enjoy. I was remembering how  I seldom do the things I enjoy (such as swimming). And that is so stupid really because they bring joy to me and maybe that would help my depression. Are any of us doing ENOUGH of the things we enjoy?

I remember one of my first coaching sessions. The coach had me pick out activities that were very important to me. When I made my choices she said 'so, are you getting ENOUGH of those activities in your life?'


It was a poignant question. The point of course was that if I wasn't doing those things very much, I couldn't expect to start feeling better now could I? Unknown Object

Are you getting ENOUGH of the things you enjoy?


Depression is a battlefield of the mind. Hobbies that you enjoy can provide a welcomed respite from that battlefield.

There are so many things we can do to provide our own little 'depression getaways' which is what this blog is all about. 

By thinking about these things I was reminded how much I enjoy swimming and how I should make the effort to do it more often. But it all seems like too much trouble to me. Driving there, getting into my suit, etc.... I am getting older and between that and depression there are a lot of things that just seem like too much trouble. 

However, I then started to think about other activities I used to enjoy that I hadn't done in a long time. And I found a good one.
I am going to tell you all about that next time.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Has this post reminded you that there are things you enjoy that are missing from your life? Is there some way you can add some of those activities, or people, back into your life?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?