Blogging for Depression: Part Two


After enjoying my first blog so much I thought about creating a blog concentrating on depression and all that I had learned that had been a great help to me.

And so 'Dipsy Doodling around Depression' was born which again, like my first blog I deleted in a bipolar manic moment . But the fun continued, new friendships were made and the research went on, and on and on.

I was not only researching depression I researched blogging as well. I think there may even be more stuff about blogging on the internet than about depression!

For awhile I really got hooked on all of the 'how to blog' sites out there. I even studied the 'Six Figure Bloggers Blueprint' (no longer available) by David Risley and enjoyed fantasizing about making lots of money from blogging! I was convinced that I should try to make a little money blogging and in order to do that I was told that I needed to have a Wordpress blog. That is when Depression Getaway was born.

That little exercise was fun, but not for me. I have since transfered my wordpress (which costs money) blog "Depression Getaway" to this blogspot blog (which is free) "Depression Getaway with Wendy Love".

I have given up on trying to make money on my blog for now. I enjoy it for what it is, an outlet for me to express myself, a service to others who live with depression, a means for me to stay stimulated and challenged despite my reclusive lifestyle.

I read a cute article by another blogger which kind of sums up some of the joys of blogging. It is called "Things Blogging Has Taught Me" by Lindsay at 'The Lean Green Bean', just another of the many beautiful creative blogs out there.

Next time I am going to get specific and give you some tips on how YOU can get started blogging.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Have you ever thought about blogging? Do you have some favourite blogs you read? 

There is hope for depression. Don't give up!


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?