Everyone's a Winner when they Pray


Winning! It's more fun than losing. Last time I shared a story about winning a door prize.

This time I am going to talk about a different kind of prize, the prize that comes with choosing to have faith in God.

From the first day I accepted Jesus into my heart I have been a winner with God. It was like entering a free draw that day but there was more than one prize. Now the prizes are not concrete prizes such as a car or a book, but rather abstract prizes such as love, forgiveness, hope, joy, healing... you get the idea.

When I first entered into a relationship with God, I will be honest, I was looking for something, I had an agenda. I wanted to be healed from a chronic pinched sciatic nerve problem which caused me a lot of pain and frankly still does. I wasn't so much interested in God himself, but in what I could get out of him.

Well, I wasn't all wrong. I got a lot out of him and I still do. I pray often and get answers to most of my prayers, most of the time. It's not just the praying and the answers that make this a worthwhile relationship but the perks that go along with the relationship.

I have someone to talk to ALL THE TIME. 

I have someone who loves me ALL THE TIME. 

I have someone to listen to me ALL THE TIME.

I have someone who FORGIVES me no matter what I have done.

I have someone who I can turn to for help, any kind of help at all.

Does that seem 'pie in the sky' to you? I know that before I became a christian myself, it all seemed 'pie in the sky' to me. But now that I believe, it seems real, normal, wonderful, true, necessary, indispensable.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you doing today? Do you believe in God? Do you believe he answers prayer? What have you got to lose? Why not try believing? Why not try praying?
You too could be a winner!

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?