God Loves Crows!


If I said 'that's not worth crowing about' I would be suggesting that what you are saying has very little value. I think to most of us we would feel that way about the crow. In contrast to so many other beautiful birds who make beautiful sounds, the crow is visually unappealing and makes a sound that is interrupting, not uplifting. And you can't ignore the sight or the sound of them, they are too big and too noisy.

But God sees them in a much higher light and I thought I would share that with you today.

The first time a crow, or 'raven' is mentioned in the bible is early on in Genesis 8:6 after Noah and his ark of animals have been floating around in flooded waters for 40 days. "After forty days Noah opened the window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven...." Wow, the raven (crow) was the first creature to exit the ark! He had an important job!

When the Lord spoke to Job who was complaining about his trials God challenges him in Job 38:41 saying "Who provides food for the raven...?" Even God acknowledges the crow as much as any other animal in his kingdom by providing food for him.

When Elijah was depressed and ready to give up God sent him away to a quiet restful place and said to him "You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there." He actually uses ravens they way Walk Disney used mice in Cinderella. He used ravens to help a human being, Elijah.


And when Jesus is instructing the people how NOT TO WORRY he says "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do  not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. How much more valuable you are than the birds?"

So there you have it, one of my least favourite birds is important to God! Clearly God has a broader view of the animal kingdom than I do. Clearly he is God, not me... what do I know? 

Well, I do know this. That GOD LOVES YOU way more than he loves crows!

I love reading about God, talking about God and talking to God. My faith helps me, may my faith help you too!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you doing today? Do you need to feel God's favour? Do you believe you are as important to him as a crow, even more important?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?