Happy Mother's Day to Me!


Happy Mother's Day to me! I am going to tell you about my two favourite depression getaways and brag about my children at the same time.

My daughters are the women who made me a mother and a grandmother! They bring joy to my life and I am seldom depressed when I am with them. They have brought me no shame, much love and continue to be a positive part of my life, a pivotal part, the part which gives my life meaning.

Many people in this world would think that we who suffer from depression must have some concrete reason for being depressed but not necessarily so. Depression is an illness and although all illnesses are affected by our circumstances, depression is not necessarily caused by our circumstances.


My daughters have not contributed to my depression in any way, it is quite the opposite. A bad day can become a better day if I see one of them or even if I have a pleasant phone chat with them.

When I hear stories of families and the heartache that children have sometimes brought upon their parents I count myself blessed. Sharing about mother's day with my daughters is not intended to make you jealous of my perfect life.

Let's face it, you already know I don't have that - I live with Depression!

I have known heartache but it was not caused by these two dear women. Thinking about the good parts of your life is good for depression and today I am counting my blessings and my daughters are my greatest blessing of all!

This past mother's day they took me out for breakfast. They left husbands and children behind and we enjoyed some special time to together. They are young working mothers with busy lives but they took time out to honour me and oh I appreciate it so much!

On days when I feel like a failure, thinking about these two wonderful people makes me say to myself 'I must have done something right'.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? You must have done something right too.Why not dwell on that for today's depression getaway.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?