Singing for Depression, Part 3: Four Songs about Singing

4 Songs about Singing




Songs about singing? This little girl has probably discovered the benefits of singing while you work without anyone telling her about it. Children often instinctively do things that are good for them such as laughing for no reason, reading a favourite story over and over again or singing to make a dreary experience less dreary.

How many songs about singing can you think about that describe the benefits of singing (or in some cases, whistling)?


Let me try:

1. "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

2. "Whistle a Happy Tune" from The King and I.
3. "What Do the Simple Folk Do?" from Camelot.

4.  Here are the sweet simple lyrics of "Sing, Sing a Song" by the Carpenters:

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.

Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone

Else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.


Do you know that song? Did you sing along?


There are so many more songs about singing. Maybe you would like to find them and sing along.



Read how this person found that singing one little chorus of a song completely changed her day.

WHAT ABOUT ME? I like to sing along with some of my favourites. Maybe you can tell from my list that I love musicals and I listen to the same ones over and over again. Who could resist singing along with Julie Andrews to "Do-Re-Me" from "The Sound of Music"?

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? This week I am encouraging you to take the singing challenge! What have you got to lose? Why not try it right now? 

Don't give up! I am praying for you. There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?