Choir Singing Makes People Happy: Singing for Depression, Part 4

Choir Singing Makes People Happy



Choir singing makes people happier - apparently!

Do you remember singing in the car? My sister and I used to sing on family trips. Our favourites were songs from Broadway musicals like The Sound of Music and The Music Man. 

Both of the stories centre around music - a powerful passtime with lots of benefits. We were not miserable or fighting when we were singing. Our parents in the front seat probably got a little tired of it though. I do think my mother occasionally saying "I'd like to listen to the scenery for awhile."

You don't have to be in a choir to benefit from choir singing. Just two or more people belting out a song can have the same benefits.


How about you? Do you need proof or have you already tried it and found it to be helpful?

How about "15 Reasons You Need To Start Singing Every Minute Of Every Day".

Thirty two benefits of choir singing are listed in this article - 32 benefits!

I say that if it is good for them, then it would be good for us too!


"A year long study on people with mental health problems, carried out by the Sidney De Haan Research Centre for Arts and Health, Canterbury, has also shown the some 60 per cent of participants had less mental distress when retested a year after joining, with some people no longer fulfilling diagnostic criteria for clinical depression."


WHAT ABOUT ME?
Writing these posts are great reminders about the benefits of singing. My husband and I are going for a drive shortly to run some errands. Recently we got 'Sirrius' radio and we have been listening to some 'oldies but goodies' and singing along. I think I see some singing in our immediate future.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling? What are you waiting for? Let's sing! Have you ever considered joining a choir? Or how about just singing with the family in the car? This might become your most fun depression getaway ever! 


Don't give up! I'm praying for you. There is hope for depression.







Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?