The Ultimate Blogging Challenge: Day One


Here I go! I am taking 'The Ultimate Blogging Challenge'. Check it out for yourself, maybe you would like to take it too. I will be blogging 31 days in a row. Why? Because it seems like a fun idea. So here we go!

I would like to start by re-introducing myself to you and tell you why I started blogging.

1. My name is Wendy Love. I am a 62 year old grandmother of four, happily married after experiencing divorce. I am the mother to two amazing women, stepmother to another amazing woman and two fabulous men, mother-in-law to three dynamic men, retired from teaching and from the craft show business. That is the stuff you see.

2. The stuff you don't see about me is that I am a true introvert (people tire me out, solitude re-energizes me) and that I live with bipolar disorder. That makes me someone who doesn't get out much and who has to put a lot of energy into managing a serious mental disorder. And I have to manage this disorder without medication for reasons which would take too long to describe here.

3. I love to write, have always loved to write. Whether in a journal or letters to friends and relatives, or my own personal greeting cards, I just love writing.

So, a few years ago, after retiring from the craft show business, I decided I needed a creative outlet and writing seemed to be the right choice. When I began to research 'how to write' stuff and read about how to begin a writing career, all information pointed to blogging.

Blogging was a new idea for me but when I discovered it, I was hooked! It is a wonderful creative outlet, a lot of fun to set up and seemed to suit my needs and limitations perfectly. I find I can still write when I am depressed even though I can't do much else. And so my first blog 'Wendalyn Loves to Write' was born. Oh what fun I had sharing all sorts of personal stories, inspiring stories, and inspirational anecdotes.

While working on that first blog I continued to work on my first novel. I enjoyed every minute of both. Then as I discovered I couldn't take drugs for my bipolar I began to research everything I could find about mental illness and another blog was born: 'Dipsy Doodling Around Depression'.

Those two blogs are no longer accessible. In a bipolar hypomanic moment one day it seemed like a good time to delete them permanently! That probably happens to a lot of depression blogs, the writer just quits....

After a spending a few years researching depression I decided it might be time to actually research blogging and I learned so much more, including how possibly more effective a wordpress blog could be and so Depression Getwaway was the blog born of that.

4. And somewhere during that time I wrote and finished my first novel 'Fernwood' and am presently working on the sequel. It is going to be a series which I won't publish until I finish the last book.

So, there is a little bit about me?

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Why are you reading this blog? Comfort, curiosity, entertainment or would you like to learn something? Are a blogger doing the Ultimate 
Challenge too?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.





Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?