Dance Like No One's Watching


Oh I do hope you are taking me up on 'The Self-Expression Challenge". As I continue in this series which is promoting the idea that self-expression can be helpful for dealing with depression, I would like to chat about dancing and its therapeutic benefits.

I gave you a good list of different forms of self-expression. We have tackled prayer and coloring so far. Did anyone try prayer?
And how about coloring, how is that going? Now, I don't want you to quit coloring and start dancing instead, but I DO want you to start dancing. Maybe add dancing to the colouring?

Or like the little guy in this picture, dance whether anyone is watching or not. Look at the joy on his face! Of course he is young and carefree but still, maybe a little dancing might make us young and carefree again?

Next time I will ask you how that felt, and then share some of the amazing therapeutic benefits of dance.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? So, my self-expression challenge for you today is to dance, for one minute! With or without music, it is up to you.

Don't give up! There's hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?