Did You See the Robin Wearing a Winter Coat?


An ice storm to greet spring. Yes, spring has arrived in Ontario! It is dazzling, sparkling and not what we expected at all! 

Ice storms are both spectacular and destructive. I love to go outside after an ice storm and take a rake and hit the branches off the trees to encourage the ice to fall so there is less chance of breakage, but it was a noisy job.Unknown Object

Noisy! Why noisy? Because all through the woods around me there was the sound of cracking tree branches followed by crashing limbs. Quite a sight, and quite the sounds!

Things have finally melted and the sun is shining as I write this. But it is still the main thing on people's minds. Weather is a big deal in Ontario. We experience such extremes. It is the one thing people have in common.

This morning on my walk I met a fellow who said "I think I saw a robin with a winter coat on back there!" He was kidding of course but the thought tickled my funny bone. I even tried to find a picture of a robin with a winter coat with no success.

However, I did find this silly illustration....

When life throws you ice storms you just gotta laugh at something!

Sometimes inclement weather can bring out the best in people. It takes their mind off of other problems and gives them something different, although hopefully not tragic, to wrap their heads around. Everyone shares in the weather.

Depression is not like that. You don't share it. It is a lonely illness. It does not take your mind off of other problems - IT IS YOUR PROBLEM!

Unlike an ice storm, it is not dramatic, spectacular or temporary.
No, it is tedious, insidious, dreary and long lasting and sometimes seems hopeless.

But it's not hopeless. I've got an idea for you next time which might give you a great mental depression getaway for a little while.

HOW ABOUT YOU? What kind of day are you having? How are you feeling? How are you coping?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?