Happiness at my Front Door


Seeing these little faces at my front door can boost my happiness scale right through the roof! Just because we have depression doesn't mean we have to be, or are going to be, SAD ALL THE TIME!

A little happiness sprinkled around can give you a wonderful 'depression getaway'.

'Happiness Therapy' is my topic for the next little while. May you be inspired to try to identify your own 'happy places'.

It will help if you can identify the kinds of things, people, or experiences that make you happy, even if only for a moment.

I shared one last time, calling it 'colour therapy'. Colours make me happy, some colours make me happier than others.

Another source of happiness is my grandchildren. Just seeing their little faces at my front door makes me happy .... for a moment or two or three. Sometimes a moment is all it takes to help you remember....

Remember what? Remember what it's like to feel happy.

Remember that despite depression, you are still a complete person, one who can experience all of life's emotions, even happiness. Even if you are in such a deep depression that you believe you will not 'STAY' happy doesn't mean you can't attempt to 'BE' happy for a few moments, or hour or a day.

The photo above is of my first three grandchildren. That photo was taken awhile back....but these are little faces that make me feel happy!

I'm not done yet. I have more things on my list that make me feel happy. The next one has to do with a small town in South Carolina. You will want to come back and find out about that.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you know what makes you feel happy? Do you have a list of things handy, to remind you about what makes you happy, if only for a moment, or an hour or a day?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?