Happiness on the Streets


Old houses, small towns, main streets lined with big old trees.... that can put a smile onto my face just about any time.

We spend some time in South Carolina every winter and one town that gives me that happy feeling is Conway. They have an historic district that I just love.

I could be having a bad day, feeling like doing absolutely NOTHING, interested in NOTHING, but, if I force myself to take a drive to Conway, get out of the car and walk the streets of the historic section, in time, that works magic on me for awhile.

Beautiful old houses, historic architecture, has the effect of transporting me momentarily into a happy feeling.

If you spotted me on my walks in this town you would see me smiling!


I am having fun with this as I dig into my thoughts and think about things that make me happy. Sometimes when we are depressed we give up even trying to be happy. We think 'what's the use?'

But there is a use. Convincing ourselves that we can salvage a bit of happiness no matter what our mood. But it's up to you to recall just what makes you happy.

I am enjoying thinking about what makes me happy. I wonder how long I can keep it up? Stay with me and find out. More happiness coming up!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Have you tried to think of your own happiness experiences? Are  you getting the hang of it yet? Are you making your happiness list?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?