Happiness Therapy Under My Bed!


Sometimes while sitting in church I can get really inspired - but not necessarily by what the preacher is saying! Let me explain. Yes, I will hear something the preacher is saying, but then that makes me think of something else and then something else, and voila! I get inspired. It is kind of indirect inspiration. Does that make any sense to you?Unknown Object

I was inspired recently that way by David Small on Pick the Brain. The article is titled 'The Depressed Leader' and there was one line in that article that tweaked my interest:

"I made the decision that I want to focus 100% on my happiness." 

That one line got me thinking about a whole bunch of other things.


It got me thinking about things that make me happy.

And here is one of those things: COLOUR! That's right, color makes me happy.

One day I was out and about running errands and not feeling very good. My head was fuzzy and I was getting quite irritated and not peaceful with traveling in the car and shopping etc. (this was before I got my wonderful little dog, Casey) I couldn't wait to get home.

When I opened my front door I thought: "I don't want to let this mood ruin my whole day. What could I do quickly to change my mood?"

I ran up to my bedroom, got down on my hands and knees ( no, I didn't pray) and I reached under the bed and pulled out a box and opened the lid and stared at the contents and I felt instantly better! What I saw made me happy!

"What did I see?" you might ask.

A box full of pretty colors, of materials I am saving for future quilts. Just feasting my eyes on those colors and imaging all of the possibilities for future 'hope projects' made me feel better!

I am now going to call that 'HAPPINESS THERAPY' and this is my first post on my own personal happiness therapy.

No one can tell you what your 'happiness therapy' is. It'
s personal. Only you can figure it out. And if you haven't figured it out, IT'S TIME!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you already know what makes 'happiness therapy' for you? Could you use some happiness therapy right now?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.








Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?