Maybe What We All Need is a HOPE PROJECT?


"Hope is the feeling you have 
that the feeling you have
 isn't permanent."
(Jean Kerr)


HOPE IS THE KEY TO ALL RECOVERY.
(Wendy Love)

WITHOUT HOPE THERE IS NO HOPE. 
(Wendy Love)

One of the treats of having a blog is the people who get in touch with me and ask me to do a book review.

The latest one is for a book called 'The Hope Project' by David Small. David honored me with a awhile back.

The title of this little book captured my interest right away. Not only did I want to find out what David meant by a 'hope project', I wanted to get a 'hope project' myself, even before I knew what it was!

David is an international hockey coach who has lived with depression for a long time. Recently he has taken a crack at writing all about it and you can read some more about him in 'The Wandering Leader'.

Here is how David describes hope projects. "Hope Projects are something that I now need in my life. It is something that I can focus on, that I am passionate about and that give me hope. They give me hope that I can accomplish things I set my mind to, that I have some talent, and that I can help other people. These three things are important when setting up a hope project."

These are the key criteria for your own hope project. What are these three things again?

1. It should be something you enjoy that gives you total freedom from your day to day concerns.

2. Make sure it is something you have talent for and want to further develop that talent.

3. It should help someone else.

Does that capture your attention as it did mine?

After reading it myself I realized that I already have a hope project! I will tell you more about it next time.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you need hope? Do you need a project? Would you like to combine the two and make a 'hope project' or your own?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?