My Five Favourite Depression Getaways


Everyone needs a getaway now and then. We all have something we need to get away from.

If you choose the right kind of getaway, you will come home refreshed and ready to face your life once again. A really well-chosen getaway could even inspire and fortify you. You could come away from it with a whole new perspective.

I hope 'Depression Getaway' will do that very thing - refresh, refuel, inspire and encourage.

But, a good getaway is different for each of us. It's personal. You need to know yourself well to know how to chose a good getaway.

If you live with the challenges that depression imposes then well-chosen getaways will help you to get away from your depression, for a few minutes, an hour, a whole day or longer. A getaway can even be a good measure to prevent depression. A good getaway can aid you in getting further along the road to recovery.

Here are my five favorite getaways.

1. A hug from one of my grandchildren



2. A long hot bath



3. A good old phone chat with my sister who lives 18 hours away from me



4. A nice long walk by myself



5. Writing



These are only five activities that help me get away from my depression. For the next little while we are going to hear from some guest bloggers sharing their own personal depression getaways.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Could you list five favourite depression getaways? 

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?