What do the Purina Cat and my Son-in-Law have in Common?



There used to be a Purina Cat Chow commercial that I loved. I really wanted to share it with you but it is no longer available and so I have had to edit this post. There is a cat in it named 'Stephen' and he is very particular that you spell his name right, which, by the way is 'Stephen' with a 'ph', NOT a 'v'. Silly but somehow I never forgot that commercial.

Well, my son-in-law is named Stephen too, and he also spells it with a 'ph' and not a 'v'. He has been my son-in-law for quite awhile now but I just realized at Christmas that I often spell his name wrong. Well, that just won't do so I had to figure out a way to remember it the right way all the time.

And so I figured it out. The letters that are pivotal are 'ph' and Stephen is very tall, six feet five inches, and so I think of a penthouse apartment (top floor) when I think of 'ph' and voila! I haven't spelled it wrong since!

And just what does that have to do with depression? Well, nothing really, except this. If it takes little tricks like this to help you remember to do something right, then have fun making up some tricks and get on with the worthy task of depression recovery.

Depression recovery is hard work but you may as well have some fun while you are at it!

I had also thought of titling this post 'What do my Son-in-law and Chuck Connors have in common?' but would any of you out there even know who Chuck Connors was? He was the star of a really old TV show called 'The Rifleman' and my son-in-law looks so much like him. The picture at the top is of Chuck Connors.

And so my point is this. It takes a lot of little tasks to complete the big task of dealing with depression. If it takes some silly little tricks along the way, well all the better. You may as well have some fun with yourself while dealing with such a dreary illness. And who knows, some of this silliness might be just the depression getaway you need.

I have had some more silly fun creating a 'cast of characters' for Depression Getaway. Hope you stick around to meet them!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you play silly games with yourself to help you remember stuff? 

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?