What is Wet and Sparkly and Makes me Happy?


Water! Water! Water makes me happy. Did you already guess that before you saw the picture?

We are doing a 'Happiness Therapy' series and I am sharing some stuff that makes me happy.

It is good to know just what makes YOU happy so you can access some of those things for a little 'happiness therapy' of your own.

Just because you have depression doesn't mean you can't get a touch of happiness now and then. I absolutely recommend it!

Water makes me happy. A water view, the sounds of water, getting into the water on a hot summer day, swimming laps in a big indoor pool or getting into a nice hot bath! It's all good for me!

I have a nice hot bath every single morning, getting me off to a good start for my day.

I manage to be near water views for almost six months of the year in total, that is a bonus too.

I swim in a lake in the summer when it is really hot, but other than that I rarely swim even though I love it. Somehow having to get into my car and drive 45 minutes to an indoor pool, to swim for just 15 minutes doesn't seem worth the effort. And yet as soon as I hit the water I say to myself 'why do I put this off, I love this!' Every summer I say to myself 'I have to keep swimming once winter comes' and then I don't. Gonna try and change that.

Are you putting off being happy? Is there some pleasurable activity that you could do that would give you that happy feeling, even while you are depressed?

I'm not finished with my happiness therapy posts yet. Next time I am going to talk about something that is colourful and smells good, can you guess?

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you enjoy water? What else do you enjoy? Have you done something that makes you happy yet today? What are you waiting for?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?