Computer Glasses - Who Knew?




This cannot be kept a secret! Computer glasses can make a big difference. After a three year break from Depression Getaway due to computer eyestrain I am so happy to return!

A simple pair of computer glasses now allow me to stay online for much longer, without headaches. I feel like I have some of my old life back.

And that is a big deal!

Those who live with depression know how amazing it can be to get back something you had to give up due to depression. For many of us that is only a dream. Those headaches forced me to give up blogging, something I loved. Why it was something I could to do even when I wasn't feeling well.Unknown Object

Since I have also experienced headaches over the years from different drugs, I have had times, even away from the computer, with a headache that was absolutely unbearable and .... depressing!

The computer glasses aren't my only good news.

 For the first time in over five years I have also succeeded in adjusting to a medication which is helping me, at least somewhat. It took a whole year to gradually introduce it to my body so I could avoid headaches, a whole year to get it up to the prescribed dosage but it has been worth it. There have been so few meds that I could even tolerate. Finally finding one is a big deal for me. It doesn't make all of the difference but it does make some difference, for which I am thankful.

Maybe the inability to find a med that worked for me is what led me to find so many different strategies that help so I guess it hasn't been a total waste. What the meds don't do, I do myself and that is a lot of what this blog is about – self-management.

It's great to be back doing something that I love and something that helps me manage depression. I didn't give up on finding a solution to my computer headaches and it worked out! I didn't give up on finding a medication that could help and it worked out! Don't give up! 

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Have you ever heard of computer glasses? What is something that you love that you have had to give up due to depression? 

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?