Hope for the Hopeless


Depression is an illness of the hopeless.

My question for all of us:

Is hopelessness a reality or a perception?

I would say that hopelessness is a perception.

And if it is in fact, hopelessness is perception, not reality, then couldn't we attempt to change our perception?

Sometimes for me, new hope for my own depression comes with the idea that maybe there is still something new that I can learn that can help me. And so I continue to research... and research...and research.

Here are  FIVE sources of hope I found recently:

Unknown Object
1. Maybe hearing other people's stories gives you hope. If so, you should check out The Depression Hope Center.

2. "Losing Faith: Finding Hope; a Journey with Depression" is a wonderful article about one woman's faith journey. Maybe her story will   give you some hope.

3. Ever heard of 'hope therapy'? Did you know that hope can be learned? The person who wrote this article says it can!

4. Faith and depression is the best combination according Therese Borchard.

5. Or how about writing out some of these 'inspiring quotes for the depressed heart' on paper and posting them around the house?

GIVING UP HOPE WILL MAKE YOUR DEPRESSION WORSE

Embracing hope will enable you to keep going

What sources of hope are you going to make use of today? I've listed five but maybe you can find some others. Pick one, there are so many! It's a veritable potpourri of hope out there if only you are willing to search and engage and persevere.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Are you ready to embrace some new sources of hope?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?