HOPE is your only HOPE


 "Once you choose hope, anything's possible" (Christopher Reeves)

We cannot live without HOPE, and with the mentally ill, like us, hope is the sustaining diet. Hope will keep you from starving...to death....Unknown Object

There are so many sayings about hope, so many ways of looking at it. But here is one saying, from Disney's 'Little Mermaid' that I think applies to those of us battling mental illness:

When the world says, 

"Give up,"

Hope whispers, 

"Try it one more time."

Even if your medication is not working, even if you don't really like your doctor or psychiatrist or counselor, even if you have no help or support, even if you can't get out of bed, have no friends, can't sleep, can't eat, have no interest in anything..... HOPE is absolutely your only HOPE.

Did you hear me?

HOPE is your only HOPE!

"Without hope men are only half alive. With hope they dream and. think and work." ~ Charles Sawyer

Interesting...'half alive'... is that how you feel much of the time?
I know that feeling. A day where, yes, I am able to get up, get dressed, maybe even tidy my house a bit, do some emailing, take my walk, even call a friend. But I am unable to take on a project of any kind, concentrate on something important, or really enjoy life.

On those days I just get through the day, climb into my bed after supper and say 'well, maybe tomorrow will be better'.

Without that hopeful thought

'maybe tomorrow will be better'

I would just want to go to bed and never get up again.

Next time I would like to talk to you about someone who did lose hope...it is a sad, but important story.

In the meantime, where does your hope come from? What is your hope based on?

This is the most important thing we will talk about ever on this blog - HOPE! You don't want to skip any part of it.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Are you ready to choose hope? We choose hope. It doesn't choose us.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?