Rick Warren Interview with Piers Morgan


Everyone wanted to interview Rick Warren when he came out with his book 'The Purpose Driven Life' with the subtitle 'what on earth am I here for?'  Even Oprah.

If you would like to know more about one of the most influential pastors in the United States today, check out his church website, or go to his own website called 'Daily Hope'.

How does a pastor, the author of the best-seller 'The Purpose Driven Life" deal with a son's suicide?

Piers Morgan attempted to find that out recently in an interview with Rick Warren and his wife. If you missed it when it was on CNN recently, you might want to check it out now.

Suicide, the choice of the hopeless....

We have been talking about hope for the last few weeks.

Rick Warren's son was 27 when he lost hope. He had lived a lifetime with 'borderline personality disorder'. He had tried to commit suicide before. He had threatened to commit suicide many times.

After you have listened to the interview you may want to read Rick Warren's own observations about how the interview went and what important things were shared.

“We’re not in control but we do have a greater hope and we do have a source of joy that isn’t based on our circumstances.” said the grieving mother. She has hope DESPITE HER CIRCUMSTANCES.

How can she still have hope after losing a son to suicide?

She has hope because of what her hope is based on. It is based on an abiding faith in God. It is based on the idea that no matter how awful life gets, and how much bad stuff God allows us to go through, he still exists, he is still a loving God and he is still our HOPE.

What is your source of hope? Is it in a new psychiatrist? or a better medication? or a different partner? how about a better job? or is it in the complete healing of your depression? Or is your hope in God?

I will never apologize on this blog for sharing my faith from time to time.

I wouldn't be here without faith in a living and personal God, through his son Jesus Christ.

I would like to close with the words of one of my favourite hymns. It is words like these that get me through the dark times:


‘The Solid Rock’

1. My hope is built on nothing less
     than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
      I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
      but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
      Refrain:
      On Christ the solid rock I stand,
      all other ground is sinking sand;
      all other ground is sinking sand.
2.   When Darkness veils his lovely face,
        I rest on his unchanging grace.
        In every high and stormy gale,
        my anchor holds within the veil.
        (Refrain)
3.    His oath, his covenant, his blood
        supports me in the whelming flood.
        When all around my soul gives way,
        he then is all my hope and stay.
        (Refrain)
4.     When he shall come with trumpet sound,
          O may I then in him be found!
          Dressed in his righteousness alone,
          faultless to stand before the throne!
         (Refrain)

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? How does your hope measure up?


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?