Victorious Blogging - Positive Trumps Negative


Another deep dark depression. Another sleepless night. As hopeless as it all seems (again!) I get out of bed and turn on my computer thinking 'maybe there is more I can learn to help me cope with this awful depression'.


As painful, difficult and discouraging as those times have been, the resulting discovery process has never left me empty. I always learn a little something new. Or I may find a blogger who writes about depression in a way that makes me feel less crazy and less alone and gives me hope to go on....

I may even find a blog that is well written - a blog that is positive, proactive, full of good ideas and full of hope! A VICTORIOUS BLOG!

Unknown Object
I know that for some people, reading about the misery of others makes them feel less alone and that helps them. But for me reading those kinds of blogs makes me even more depressed!

I favour the blogs that casts a positive light on a negative illness.
I prefer blogs written by 'victorious sufferers'! I call them 'victorious blogs'!

Recently I shared a talk I did called 'Victorious Sufferer'. That is how I like to think of myself in this life of living with bipolar disorder - a victorious sufferer.

From time to time I would like to share an interview with a favourite blogger. I call these favourite bloggers 'victorious sufferers'!

I hope you will join me next week as I interview one of my favourite writers of depression recovery, John Folk-Williams.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you have a favourite depression blog? 

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?