Crashing Gracefully: Is there a Groupon for that?


Somehow the words 'crashing' and 'gracefully' don't really go together but this woman is ready to 'crash' into the water and she is doing it gracefully.

Now I don't think this little fellow landed quite so gracefully, do you?




Too often I will read a blog written by a mental health blogger to see "sorry I haven't written for awhile but I'm back now and hope to post regularly". I conclude that they haven't been doing well and couldn't manage to write. And then irregular blogging will take place. 

 I will read "I am crashing again. I hate this illness. I've been feeling well for so long I had convinced myself that maybe I was better and now this"

Or I may discover the name of a mental health blog I have never seen before and I will eagerly google it and find that they have quit posting.

Unknown Object
I know it well. That feeling of depression returning, that sinking feeling even if you are sitting down or lying down. My walking slows down. I start thinking negatively about the same things I was thinking positively about only days before. I don't want to see people. I wonder 'how long will it last this time?' I think and I hope that maybe I am just tired and a few days rest and I will be good as new which happens sometimes.

I wish there was something I could do to prevent myself from crashing right down to rock bottom. I wish there was a pill I could take or a coupon I could cash in for instant healing.

I need to remind myself that relapse is part of recovery.

Wouldn't it be wonderful? A 'Groupon' for preventing a depressive episode? How would it read?

"SPECIAL! Offer good anytime, never expires. FREE! Come on over to our spa and we will stick with you until we are all sure this depressive episode has not taken over. We will pamper you, make sure you are taking your meds, listen to you go on and on about your negative thoughts, give you a massage if you want, feed you three healthy meals a day, make sure you get plenty of rest and sleep and more."

Of course there is no such thing. But I found something almost as good from Chipur.http://chipur.com/

He wrote a great article awhile back titled "13 Things to IMMEDIATELY Consider When You're SPIRALING DOWNWARD (and scared)".

If you need some help right now, go there right away.

I am posting this for my blogging friends who are going through a rough time right now.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Are you stable? Are you on your way up or on your way down? Do you need help?

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?