Depression is Hard but God is Soft


Depression is hard, but God is soft.
Yes, depression is hard.

Some days you might feel like your shoes are made of cement. Every step is a huge effort.
Other times you may wonder how you can even go on.
You question the value of your life.

You wonder why your loved ones put up with you.
You imagine all sorts of terrible things that aren't even true.

Depression is hard, but God is soft.

I choose God, I choose a soft place to lay. 
I choose his safety,
 his love,
 his forgiveness, 
his acceptance.

God makes a difference to my depression.
He hasn't taken it away - yet,
but he has never left me alone in it.

He is my soft place to lie and he catches me when I fall.

WHAT ABOUT YOU?
Do you have a soft place to fall?
Have you tried God's love?
There is hope for depression.
Don't give up, I'm praying for you.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?