My Introversion Excursion


I am an INTROVERT. Stated bluntly that means that socializing tires me. Solitude energizes me.

When I was first diagnosed with depression, I thought that maybe I just didn't like people at all and that made me feel even more guilty about my condition. But when I realized that I was simply an introvert, I felt less guilty.


I battle with bipolar as well as introversion. I need to consider them both. Without this knowledge I could not handle this illness. 

One of my strategies when I am really sick is to make sure I get some time alone. Often I have discovered that I wasn't depressed at all, I was just needed some quiet time.

By taking these personality tests that I talked about last time, myou can find more information about the way you are made to help you build the best possible life, with or without depression.

The book 'The Introvert Advantage' is my go to when I need a reminder of what it means to be an introvert.

If you'd like to hear another expert speak about introversion you might like to look up Susan Cain.

It is important for you to learn more about your own personality if you want to really give yourself a chance to live your best life with depression.

For me INTROVERSION is half the battle, BIPOLAR is the other half. I have to pay equal attention to both, I must factor in both.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Are you convinced that a little detective work into your own personality would be helpful? I sure hope so.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?