'STRATEGIES' is #6 Keyword for Depression Recovery



Depression recovery strategies can only be discovered through some good detective work. And guess who the detective is - you!

What does a monopoly game have to do with depression? Nothing really, but it has a lot ot do with strategy and if you want to win this battle with depression you are going to need some game strategies.

Depression is a difficult illness, sometimes life threatening. You will need some depression recovery strategies when things get really tough. These strategies are best put into place when you are well enough to think straight. Maybe you should write them down so you can refer to them when you temporarily lose your rational thought process during a depressive episode.Unknown Object

You might be saying 'okay, I will, so tell me what the strategies are'. That is the difficult part. Each of us need to come up with our own, according to our needs and our situation and our personality.

You might be wondering what the difference is between depression recovery lifestyle changes and depression recovery strategies. Good question.

Depression recovery strategies are 'tricks' that help you avoid triggers, help you cope with depression. Lifestyle changes are permanent changes that you need to make in order to give yourself the best chance at recovery.

For instance, I don't enjoy shopping, crowds or stores, but there are times when I have to go. If my husband and I are together, we have a system. When I have had enough I will tell him and either we will both leave, or he will stay and finish up and I will maybe go to the car (where I keep a puzzle book for a depression getaway and some almonds to keep my blood sugar levels even) or maybe go for a walk. I just need to get away by myself for awhile and then I am fine again. That is my 'crowd strategy'.

One of my favourite depression websites, because it is so useful, is chipur.com.

Here are some of his articles which might help you to develop some strategies of your own.

The Top Five Supplements for your Optimum Mental Health.

13 Things to IMMEDIATELY Consider when you're SPIRALLING DOWNWARD (and scared).

So, what do you need strategies for? Visiting relatives? Overwhelm at work? Sleepnessness? List those situations or people that you find difficult and seek out a coping strategy to match. Your research should help you somewhat with this.

One of my best coping strategies is deep breathing. No matter where I am I can usually do it and it lessens my anxiety and then relieves my depression, at least for a time.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you already have some depression recovery strategies in place? What are you waiting for? You've got some work to do! Start a 'strategies list' right now. Keep it handy.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression.




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?