The Bible - Can You Believe Everything You Read?


As someone with mental illness, 
the truth is important to me.
Why?
Because I cannot trust 
my own thoughts to be true.

You know the kind of thoughts I am talking about:

"Everyone would be better off without me."

"I am such a failure."

"I will always feel this rotten. I will never feel good again."

You get the idea. Of course these thoughts are all lies.

These lies are a symptom of this illness.

But my faith in God gives me some truth to replace those lies.

I find that truth in the bible.

As a christian I believe that the bible is the inspired word of God.

I believe every word is true and it is a useful guide for me.

I look to it for help, comfort, correction, illumination.

I say that with confidence because I have faith.
You will need faith too if you want to make use of a bible.

One of my favourite verses is from the book of Psalms, chapter 46, verse 1:
"God is our refuge and our strength,
 a very present help in trouble."

I need a refuge, I need strength, I need help, I am in trouble. 

I need a God who is ever present.

I believe these words are true and they are a comfort to me.

When I am thinking other false, depression kinds of thoughts 
I sometimes stop myself and say these words over and over:

"God is our refuge and our strength, 
a very present help in trouble."

WHAT ABOUT YOU?

The Bible - can you believe everything you read in it? 
Yes, I believe you can.
What have you got to lose?
Open a bible today.


Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?