The "Three Day Rule"


What is this guy waiting for?

My good friend Melda Clark has a 'three day rule' for depression.

When she hits a depressive episode she doesn't react for three days.

She doesn't run off to the doctor for three days.

She doesn't impulsively change her medication.


She waits for 
THREE DAYS.

Melda's Rule# 1: The Three-Day Rule

There are times when life become overwhelming for
everyone. We get overtired, have family issues, money
troubles. However, for someone like me who has a long
history with mental illness, I think, “Oh, no, it is a relapse,
or my medication has stopped working.” But it is neither of
those. The blues seem to last for 3 or 4 days.
Eventually, my mood improves and away I go.

Great advice from a veteran of mental illness.

Three days to wait for a mood to improve is worth trying isn't it?

WHAT ABOUT YOU?
How are you feeling today?
Do you panic and think 'relapse' when you start to feel unwell.
Try Melda's 'three day rule'.

Don't give up there is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?