My Perfect Marriage - Merry Christmas to Me!



I'll bet you were wondering about my perfect marriage, right?

I mean how can someone with a complicated mental illness have a perfect marriage?

Doesn't the havoc of mental instability destroy relationships?
NOT THIS ONE!

I love this definition of a perfect marriage - don't you?

I mean, when you have mental illness, nothing is ever perfect, right?

When you are emotionally unstable nothing is ever simple, right?

'PERFECT' and 'SIMPLE' are two words that do not come to mind when I think of my life or my marriage.

There is nothing simple about bipolar disorder and nothing perfect about my life, especially in my thoughts....

But recently I found this wonderful definition of a perfect marriage. How refreshing, how encouraging and how true!

What a gift! If I believe this is true, that ...


...then I do in fact have a perfect marriage!

And I consider this a 'bonus marriage'. Both my husband and I experienced divorce in 1995 and bravely remarried. We will be celebrating 20 years of marriage and so have beat the statistics, which predict that 80% of second marriages fail - yeah us!

Who would think that combining two 'imperfects' would come out with 'perfect'?

I think the words 'PERFECT' and 'SIMPLE' are going to be my favourite words for 2019. Merry Christmas to me!

My life is 'SIMPLY PERFECT'! Bet you never think that when you are depressed?!

Don't give up! There is hope for depression. There is hope that we can even have a perfect marriage! Look at me!







Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?