WANTED! Focus Group for Depression Getaway

 

Here I am at the Peterborough farmers' market just before I met my husband, Cliff. I loved painting for a living and I was pretty good at it but sales were not great.

I painted plaques, furniture, signs, mailboxes, baskets, lampshades, t-shirts, straw hats, family trees, milk cans and a whole bunch of other fun things. Frankly business wasn't that great and I didn't make much of a profit. I knew it wasn't the quality of my work, but I had no idea how to make things better. 

Enter Cliff! Somehow he knew how to arrange my little booth to create more interest and thus more business. He would walk around the craft shows and notice what sorts of booths were really busy and what people were buying. Plus he was a natural salesman.

Business doubled!

We began to renovate my little business together. First, we created a whole new booth. Then we put the prices up, that's right - up! Apparently, that increases the buyer's perceived value of what they are buying? 

But the last change was the most important. My husband noticed what people were buying and we created a whole new line of products. Business improved!

Here is a photo of the booth display I was using before we met.


Here is a picture of the first booth he created for me.




 What a difference it made. Not only did this booth attract more people but I was able to fill it with stuff that people actually wanted to buy! I even won awards for the best booth display at several shows.

And then when Cliff retired after 31 years of teaching, he got really ambitious and created a bigger and better booth. Here he is happily assembling his creation. 



When it was all put together, he added several spotlights which also brought more interest into our little space. 


There is a point to this story. I can write but I'm not sure I write about stuff that people want to read about. I will continue to write no matter what, I love writing. I do this blog as much for me as for you. Frankly, I would keep writing if no one read it! 

But I would love to know what people reading a blog about depression would like to read about. Just as I had the talent for painting but not the knack of knowing what people wanted to buy, I feel as though I am able to write but not sure what people want to read.

Personally, I don't want to write about depression all the time - it is just too depressing!

But you could really help me out. 

What do you like reading about?

1. my own personal struggle with depression
2. strategies that help me cope with depression
3. information about medications, therapies, counseling
4. fun personal stories about me and my family
5. inspirational pep talks to not give up
6. my faith and how it can make a difference

These are just a few ideas. Maybe you will have some more. If you would like to be one of my critics, please leave a comment below, or if you would rather just email me at wendylove1950@gmail.com that would be great too.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? Do you read many blogs about depression? What are your favourites?

Don't give up! I am praying for you. There is hope for depression. 






Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?