I love libraries and book stores!

 I Love Libraries!



Pictured below is my cozy hometown library.



Why do I love libraries so much? 

Libraries just seem so full of potential to me - potential to learn, to enjoy, to escape, to be part of something that you can only imagine.

Each good book is a little holiday from life - a little depression getaway. Each book takes you on a journey, a lovely private journey between you and the book.

And since I love libraries, when I enter them, my endorphin levels instantly go up. Remember that endorphins are natural feel good chemicals.

Anyone suffering from any kind of mental disorder needs as many endorphins as possible. 

It's good to know yourself, know what you like (and what you don't like) and when you need a boost, do those things you like.

WHAT ABOUT ME? I have a mental list of things I like and I try to do at least one of them to boost my mood. As well as libraries and bookstores, I like spending time with my kids and grandkids, walking especially through old neighbourhoods with interesting old houses, petting my dog, talking to my far-away sister on Facebook and those are just a few.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? What places or activities do you like? Do you notice that you when you do things you like or go places you like that you feel better? Do something you like today. What have you got to lose?

Don't give up! I am praying for you. There is hope for depression.







 

Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?