Hobbies - Great Covid Getaways

 Hobbies - Great Covid Getaways


HOBBIES FOR HEALTH

Instead of 'depression getaways' we are going to talk about 'covid getaways'. They are amounting to the same thing these days, do you agree?

I am sure we can all agree that having hobbies had great benefits. But if you need a reminder read this:

Why we need hobbies?

During these stressful and uncertain times, many social, physical, and mental activities and routines are disrupted. Thankfully, hobbies can be there to fill the void and have many benefits:

And would you care to know what are the most popular hobbies during covid (that is according to 'The Suburban'?

And their research shows that these are the most popular covid hobbies:

The most popular hobbies in order are:

If you haven't yet found a hobby to distract and engage you during these difficult times, thIS is a great list to choose from. We could even break some of those topics down to more ideas. For instance, my favourite is arts and crafts. The list is endless as to what you could try and with pinterest for ideas and youtube for lessons you are pretty much set to go. Sewing, knitting, crocheting, jewellry making, painting, sculpting, ceramics etc....

WHAT ABOUT ME? Well if you read this blog often you will know that I fill my time with walking, sewing, painting, reading, writing and watching TV. I started all of these things before covid and I am so thankful for these activities now. Honestly, I can't imagine how I would cope with depression without these activities. They are depression getaways for me. They are covid coping activities for me.

WHAT ABOUT YOU? How are you feeling today? How are you coping with covid? Have you noticed your depression worsening? Do you have something to do outside of work and family and home obligations? Could you consider a new hobby? What have you got to lose?

Don't give up! I am praying for you. There is hope for depression.



Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?