Sending a Hug of Help



In just a few days I have become aware of several people I care about suffering from depression. It is depressing....I just want to help but all I can do is pray. 

If you, or anyone you love is suffering from any kind of mental illness, get help. It makes a difference. Start with your family doctor. 

Untreated depression only gets worse.

Get help.

Medication can and often does make a difference. Yes, some medications may have side effects you won't like but try another one. What have you got to lose? You try out something and quit if it is disagreeable. But maybe, just maybe, you will find a medication that makes a difference. And even a little difference can make a big difference when it comes to mental illness.

Get help. 

Any kind of mental illness can make you feel all sorts of terrible things. One of my favourites is 'I hate people!' Really, when I am at my worst I feel like I hate everyone! And that makes me feel even more depressed. I feel guilty. I wonder 'what kind of person am I that I hate people?' But that is just the depression speaking. 

Get help.

This is not your fault. Depression is an illness, a disease like any other. Diabetes, cancer, parkinson's, ms... do you blame any of those sufferers for their symptoms? Of course not. And like some of these illnesses, mental illness can be terminal. Suicide rates are higher than ever. 

Get help.

Do it for yourself. Do it for your loved ones. They are suffering right along with you.

You are important. 

Get help.

Don't give up! There is hope for depression. I am living proof of that. 

Oh, and a dog may help too! It sure helps me. xoxo




Popular posts from this blog

My Little Helper

Joy and Sorrow - Together?